Thursday, July 10, 2014

Daily Journal 7/10/2014

     Wow! I had a good day. I got my I Believe essay revision done and will answer the questions and post it in the blackboard when I am done writing my blog for today. I also got started on my Place essay. This was an easy choice for me I chose to write about The Shepherd of the Hills. It has been a place for families to go in Branson for over 50 years and the play is unquestionably part of the history of the ozarks. I have worked for the family that owns the Shepherd of the Hills park for about 16 years and they have kept it going through all the bad weather and low attendance it truly means a lot to them. Last year they chose to close it for good and had the last show. They made that choice after the owner Gary Snadon passed away from cancer. There was such a huge outcry from the community and visitors that had gone to the play and considered it a landmark that the family made the good choice in opening back up this year with a limited schedule. It was the right choice to make that is one of the things that started the Branson area into becoming what everyone sees today when they visit. I already know the story pretty well now just need to research the owners and the writer of the book. I will also research on the play I may find some stuff I didn't know and that would be great. It is a great story, I have seen the play at least 7 times and would go again if I had time. So anybody reading this if you haven't been to The Shepherd of the Hills you must go you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment