Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Daily Journal 7/9/2014

There's a special kind of happiness
in sharing little things,
The laughter, smiles, and quiet talks
that daily living brings.
There's a special kind of comfort
in knowing your family's there,
To back you up, to cheer you up
to understand and care.
Of all the treasures life may bring,
your family means the most,
And whether near or far apart,
That love will hold you close. 


     I was searching on the web and came across this poem. I thought it was so beautiful that I had to share it on my blog. In just those few words it says so much. I am very fortunate to have a wonderful family and this poem sums up how I feel about them.
     Last week and this week so far I have had to deal with a family member and a friend who just can't seem to get their lives together. I have helped them both repeatedly with whatever I could but they don't seem to listen, learn, or do anything different. The friend I have been helping for five years and the family member for nineteen years. When are they going to help themselves and at what point do I give up and let them go? I am ready to give up especially on the family member it has been a very long time and he doesn't seem to want to grow up and become accountable for his life. I hate to give up but his disruptions in my, my husbands, and my sons lives are becoming harder to deal with and as he gets older harder to understand. I just don't know maybe it will all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment