Thursday, July 17, 2014

Daily Journal 7/17/2014

I'm sure by now, everyone has figured out that I like poetry. Today, I decided to share with you an original poem written for my son by a coworker in 2006.


Lucas
The blue of water in a pool
So often seems to draw you
Too bad you think that you don't rule
For you hold important views

You're often seen to move about
Perpetual in your motions
Lucas there can be no doubt
You're the child of parental devotion

When seven's but a memory
And you stop seeking scooby doo
As your future comes to be
Then you may learn to value school

For now cheeseburgers seem the best
Of foods that you could eat
Your life comes from how you invest
Each day that comes to greet


I think that of all the poetry I have read, this is the most beautiful. This poem tells the story of my son's childhood. He loved swimming in the pool, he loved watching scooby doo, he hated school, and mcdonalds was the only place we could eat. So, I thought it was amazing that with me just telling this person stories, they turned them into a work of art. I keep it in the frame which it was in when he gave it to me, and will treasure it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment