Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Daily Journal 7/8/2014

I can imagine the smells of oak trees, honeysuckle, lilac, fresh cut sawdust, kettle corn, aftershave, women's perfume, candy, the individual scent from sheep and horses, burning wood, black powder, and hot apple cider.
I can hear the sounds of people shuffling in their seats, kids whining, dad's yawning, and then the sound of the fiddle leading the square dance, shuffling of feet as they dance to the music, and the clapping an hollering as the spectators watch, then the  pounding of horse hooves as the riders come through herding the sheep, the guns going off as they celebrate, the sound of the model t coming into the spotlight.
Just thought I would practice for the research essay this week. I am looking forward to this assignment it is easier for me to write about something I can research.
It was a busy day today, actually a busy week and I have made good money too. It helps me get ahead when I have a good week. My husband and I are starting a farm and the extra money will help us buy some more animals. We already have 2 pigs, 80 chickens, 2 bunnies, and about 30 Ginny chicks. We would like to buy 6 more pigs and a milk goat. I know you are saying," What are you going to do with a milk goat?" Well we are going to milk it and make cheese and butter, and we will probably drink the milk to. It has been a long time since I drank goats milk so that will be interesting to see if I still like it. I have to go for tonight time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment